PYO at Reckless Designs
Fun for all!
Fun for all!
Seating up to 20, birthdays, get togethers, family gatherings, brownies school groups, pensioners, corporate, hens or just for fun. Something for everyone!
Parties may bring along food and drinks, we do not do catering.
We will deck out the room for all parties with black board banners etc, you set a price maximum, this is best for kids as they still get a good choice, all within the budget, (the minimum spend is just £8.00 per head).
Dinner/Side Plates, Plain or with Fish, Rabbits, Chickens, Cup Cakes, Dogs, Cows, Sheep cut into the surface etc , Bowls, Mugs, Trinket Boxes, Money Boxes, Vases Cups and Saucers various other items as available on the day or bookable in advance.
For the childrens parties, the form is...
- On arrival the children look at the available pieces within their chosen price range.
- When they know what they want to paint they take a seat. the party co-ordinator then takes the childrens order and names and brings the selected piece to them.
- A brief talk on how to use the colours and how to get the best results is given.
- Painting commences ...
- Painting finishes after approx 30/40m minutes.
- Ceramic painted pieces removed, table wiped down in preparation for food/nibbles then party persons responsible adult/Mum or Dad or both layout the food.
- When dining is over Party co-ordinator takes the children/guests to the glazing area and demonstrates the glazing technique including a question and answer session. During this time Responsible adult Mum/Dad has cleared the food debris and the birthday cake is ready.
- Children /Guests return from glazing lesson sit and sing happy birthday with subdued lighting, when singing finishes a small free Puppet show will be performed with silhouettes/shadow puppets.
- Lights are then turned back up and birthday guest has picture taken in large Throne like seat with all friends around them.
- Parents start to arrive to collect their little ones.
- Payment is made and everyone is happy.
- Collection of finished fired and glazed pottery is every Wednesday, bagged with name of painter on each bag and a flyer included for future reference.
Payment is made when the party or session is over, and not on collection.
On average with children from 4/5 to 8/9 10 /11 years old the whole party from start to finish is just under two hours, but as no time frame is set it remains flexible.
NB. Our minimum number for painting is ONE so dont feel you have to have a party ones and twos are most welcome.
We are located at 17 Gloucester Road, Coleford, GL16 8BH
- click here for our location on Google Maps.